Default has anyone used hydro-sil electric heaters?

I was looking through a copy of a woodworking magazine when I found an
ad for
hydro-sil electric heaters. My house has electric heat, but I don't
use it, and installed gas heat for the primary heat source. Now the
price of natural gas is going up. Has anyone bought/installed the
hydro-sil electric heaters? On their web site they claim to have an
energy-star rating with up to a 50% reduction in heating cost. I'm in
Michigan, so it's going to get very cold soon...

P.S. Anyone using corn for heat? They actually make a corn burning
stove. I was looking at one, and almost bought one. They're pricey
though, with the one I looked at selling for around $2,400 per unit.
It would almost be worth it, if it would be cheaper to run. If it
caught on the price of corn would go up, that might make the farmers
happy

Thanks,

Steve