Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY Alarms/PIRs/Cats

On Monday, 2 April 2018 15:27:21 UTC+1, Bob Eager wrote:
On Mon, 02 Apr 2018 15:04:54 +0100, Brian Reay wrote:

They tell me you can get flaps which are coded to the
microchips that each cat has.

You can - but the company was, in the past, associated with an individual
on another newsgroup whom I would not trust. That has probably changed.
The showstopper for me was that it only controlled inward movement, and I
needed per-cat control in both directions. They assured me there would be
an accessory for that, but were unable to tell me how long it would be
before it was available.

I see that Pet Mate do a microchip 4 way version now, though, and they
are a reliable company. They also do one that works with a small ID disc
you put on the collar (not a magnet). Pet Mate have always been good for
support and spare parts, too.

http://www.pet-mate.com/gb

I'd pick pet-mate over staywell flaps every time. But don't assume a cat will be willing to use those ones.

NT