Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default splitting cable internet and antenna tv

On Monday, April 2, 2018 at 10:02:22 AM UTC-4, BurfordTJustice wrote:
You don't need cable or a box for over the air dumbass.

Again, I never said you did, idiot. What I said was:

Beyond that, does this even make sense? Many, probably
most places now, you need a box to even get local stations,
so what do you feed into that at each TV?
And if you have cable and are using cable, why do you need an
antenna at all? I guess there could be some odd ball stations
that are not on cable, but with hundreds of channels now, seems
they have just about everything.

The "Many, probably most places now, you need a box to even get
local stations" was in the context of CABLE. Meaning if you have
cable, you have a box at each TV and the cable goes into that box,
then HDMI or component video drives the TV.
So, if you combine an antenna upstream of that, now what happens?
You now have a coax that has cable and OTA antenna combined,
but what good is it? The cable box isn't going to process the OTA
stations from the OTA that is combined in and feed it to the TV.

Capiche? No, it's over your Russian troll pay grade.