Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Potterton Kingfisher - ignites but then turns off after 30minutes

On Sunday, 1 April 2018 15:44:04 UTC+1, Richboiler wrote:

Hi - I've had a gas fitter out twice now to repair it but its still not
sorted. The boiler fires up ok but after 30mins turns itself off. The central
heating pump has been replaced and the gas valve. After the fitting of the new
gas valve it ran ok for 5 days but then has gone back to square one. Any
ideas?... I've been in touch with Potterton/Baxi to see if II could get an
engineer to come out but they don't support this model any more - the boiler
is 14 years old and I'd like to repair it rather than replace it.

I'm wondering in what circumstances the boiler should be running continuously for over 30 minutes. Are you heating a pool with it?

NT