Posted to alt.home.repair
TrialDog TrialDog is offline

Default light switch popped - now won't turn off

Was sitting here, minding my own business, and I hear a small pop/sizzle from
the light switch and the overhead light came on. Now neither switch will make
it go off. My main question is whether this is dangerous or whether I should
cut the breaker to the whole room and not use this computer until an
electrician gets here. I've never replaced a switch or plug, even though I'm
not completely helpless around the house. It's Sunday, so any repairs are
going to likely have to wait until tomorrow. Main question is whether I need
to cut the power to the switch.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...f-1162968-.htm