Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Steel tube

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
As a supplementary, I used an angle grinder with a metal cutting disc
in a bench stand to cut the tube last time. OK, but not perfect.

I've got an old B&Q chop saw. No longer used as I have a very nice
Makita compound mitre sliding one. Would it be possible to find a mild
steel cutting blade for that? Being so much larger than the angle
grinder stand, easier to set the tube lengths and clamp in place, etc.

Look at the evolution range of blades - they do ones for steel (and
other stuff).

Looking on Ebay, discovered I can buy a steel cutting blade for the 305 x
30 Makita. But don't want to risk any damage to that.

IIRC, the B&Q had an odd centre size, so would probably need to find an
adaptor too.

Plenty on eBay, as I found when re-blading my 35 year old Bosch. In your
case I would probably re-blade the B&Q.