Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Steel tube

In article ,
RJH wrote:
On 30/03/2018 11:58, Richard wrote:
In article ,
Richard wrote:
For a start, you don't know the size of the speakers. The stands also
include a mounting for the power amp for the speaker.

OK. I don't because psychic v1.0 not installed. Enlighten me and then
provide cost difference between the two sources.
Always willing to learn.

Well, if you want a copy of the order, here it is. If you want to work
out
the most expensive way of building them. ;-)

Code Name Details Qty Price
TZ3WF 25mm Square Tube System
3 Way Flat Joint Black 16 £56.00
(16 x £3.50)
TZAFS 25mm Square Tube System
Adjustable Feet PACK 4 2 £10.40
(2 x £5.20)
TZ3TB 25mm Square Tube System
3m Length Black Steel Square Tube Black 3 £25.50
(3 x £8.50)
TZ2W 25mm Square Tube System
2 Way Joint Black 4 £12.00
(4 x £3.00)
TZSF/BA 25mm Square Tube System
2m Length Aluminium Single Finned Square Tube Black 1 £16.00
(1 x £16.00)
TZ3W 25mm Square Tube System
3 Way Joint Black 4 £14.00
(4 x £3.50)
Items Total: £133.90
Delivery Total: £8.50
VAT Total: £28.48
Total: £170.88

Thanks.
If I ever need to build the same, I'll keep this in mind.

+1. That's a lot of cuts though - would a chop saw/decent blade work here?

I used an angle grinder with a steel cutting disc (or more accurately
several) before. But the stand for it isn't as nice as the chop saw I have
(but no longer use) Trouble is it's a B&Q cheapy and uses 210mm blades
with an 18mm bore, so not exactly standard. And 18mm adaptor rings ain't
the easiest to find either. Also not sure if it runs rather fast for a
steel cutting blade - the ones I've seen say about 2500 rpm max.

There are a lot of cuts needed - something like 50 or so. My Makita makes
as good a job of cutting ally tube as wood, and it would be nice to be
able to get the same result as easily with steel. Not forgetting the tube
is painted, so don't want to damage that through heat, etc.

--
*The first rule of holes: If you are in one, stop digging!

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.