Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default coke bottle thread adaptor

On Fri, 30 Mar 2018 23:48:17 -0700, harry wrote:

On Thursday, 25 April 2013 22:27:37 UTC+1, David.WE.Roberts wrote:
On Thu, 25 Apr 2013 09:19:43 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

I'd like to experiment with using a 2L coke bottle as a pressure
vessel but I haven't worked out how best to make a leakproof plumbed
connection to the bottle.

Does anyone know of an adaptor that would let me connect some
flexible pipe (10mm ID say) to the neck of the bottle?

The thread seems to be common for lots of bottles now but I haven't
found a suitable adaptor yet.

Tim

Might find something in the spare parts for the Zounds bike air horn.

The MK I had an aluminium bottle to hold the compressed air.
The Mk II had a plastic bottle which looks like a drinks bottle. ISTR
reading of an upgrade to a 2 litre coke bottle.
But I could be wrong.

Cheers

Dave R

If any air reservoir bursts, someone could get injured.
Even a Coke bottle.

School holidays again.

Since I mentioned a commercial product which is on widespread sale I must
assume that there is relatively little likelihood of injury.

Perhaps one should consider that a party balloon is an air reservoir and
is prone to rupture, especially in aid of fun using a pin. Or, for that
matter, a paper bag. For Millennials, it used to be fun to inflate a brown
paper bag by blowing through the opening, close off the opening with one
hand, and then hit the bag with the other hand. Bang! Any injuries were
generally self inflicted by using too much force. Nothing to do with
dangerous compressed air.

Ah, well.

Dave R

---