Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Well that pot hole has been fixed then

On Saturday, 31 March 2018 10:53:31 UTC+1, Tim Watts wrote:
On 31/03/18 01:51, tabbypurr wrote:

also the bucket with paint transfer wheel used could not do that job.

And melted polymer lining paint is probably not easy to apply with a
brush. Had work is usually done by pouring a metal can of it into a
metal square form on a stick and moving the form as you pour to paint
the line.

That's done for small things like parking markings. Long road yellow lines are done with a wheel that indirectly runs in a trough of paint. It's wheeled along.

There is a flame-on tape version, but I suspect the car owner and us
would notice the burnt paint and bare metal a foot wither side of the
lines!!!

possibly I've never seen that stuff used. I think it's chosen more for complex logos where using a box would be tricky or fail-prone.

NT