Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default coke bottle thread adaptor

On Thursday, 25 April 2013 22:27:37 UTC+1, David.WE.Roberts wrote:
On Thu, 25 Apr 2013 09:19:43 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

I'd like to experiment with using a 2L coke bottle as a pressure vessel
but I haven't worked out how best to make a leakproof plumbed connection
to the bottle.

Does anyone know of an adaptor that would let me connect some flexible
pipe (10mm ID say) to the neck of the bottle?

The thread seems to be common for lots of bottles now but I haven't
found a suitable adaptor yet.

Tim

Might find something in the spare parts for the Zounds bike air horn.

The MK I had an aluminium bottle to hold the compressed air.
The Mk II had a plastic bottle which looks like a drinks bottle.
ISTR reading of an upgrade to a 2 litre coke bottle.
But I could be wrong.

Cheers

Dave R

If any air reservoir bursts, someone could get injured.
Even a Coke bottle.