Posted to alt.home.repair
Taavi Taavi is offline

Default Leaky faucet - how to unscrew stripped Philips screw?

replying to lisas90210, Taavi wrote:
I just did this fix on a Delta. Had to sacrifice the faceted knob. ($11)
Drilled holes next to the stripped frozen screw until I could pull the knob
off. The screw backed out easily. Remove the chrome collar nut and the gasket.
Get new washers and springs ($4) and a new mixer (the brass ball - $10) Use
needlenose to remove and replace washers/springs. Put the rubber and nylon
gasket back on. Put the chrome nut back on. New knob comes with new screw.
Turn on water. Smooth.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ew-216199-.htm