Posted to sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair
Carlos E.R.[_2_] Carlos E.R.[_2_] is offline

Default [OT] How to (not) read a Path: header.

On 2018-03-30 17:06, Frank Slootweg wrote:
Carlos E.R. wrote:
[...]
Well, I have been using news.aioe.org and freenews.netfront.net for a
long time, and I'm certainly no troll.

True, but for example aioe *is* used by a lot of trolls. Example: Our
resident nymshifter.

I simply do not like to pay and
my ISP does no longer provide nntp.

Huh? Aren't you using the pay-server News.Individual.[NET|DE]? :

Now it is, but it wasn't a year ago :-)

My system may still use aioe if the primary server fails. When using
leafnode one has a primary server and may have several others as
secondaries.

You could use a scoring system: if the posting server is a free one, add
some points. But you need other clues to add points to assure certainty.
For instance, that it is a new name, that it talks a certain way, has
some traits... ;-)

My issue is with thinking that a poster using aioe alone meaning he is a
troll or spammer.

--
Cheers, Carlos.