Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default TOT household rubbish

#

Sacks?* They don't even give you bins?

Many terraced houses in the area have little front garden and difficult
access from front to back of property[1].

The waste is collected at lightening speed around my way in order not to
block the roads which only have room for a single traveling vehicle
because cars are parked both sides of the road. Often two men go ahead
of the lorry to collect sacks into single large piles on one side of the
road. As the lorry passes these piles are just thrown into the back.
There is no need to attach bins to the back of the dustcart nor any time
taken to return them.

[1] Most houses were built with narrow back alleys to the rear of the
properties. These proved to be ideal passages for the garden shed
thieves etc. and over time these have been blocked off at the ends
and/or gardens extended to encompass the alley area. I remember a time
around 25 years ago when daytime theft from gardens in my area during
the long school holidays was attributed to gangs of school age kids.