Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TOT household rubbish

On 29/03/18 17:21, Handsome Jack wrote:
Steve Walker posted
On 23/03/2018 10:45, Andy Burns wrote:
Tim Streater wrote:

The recycling bin goes out every two weeks
Â*At the moment we get weekly collections of both wheelie bins (I
chooseÂ* to put them out less frequently) but I gather the collections
are due toÂ* alternate between recycling and rubbish later this year
... might botherÂ* larger households.

If it is anything like where we are, they'll have a system to cope
with larger housholds.

Our normal system is:

Black bin, 240l - plastic bottles, tins, cans and glass bottles -
collected monthly.

Cans and bottles collected *monthly*?

Glad they don't do that here. By the time they took the empties away
you'd need a JCB to get in our front door.

Well here I effectively get plastic and cans collected at best monthly.
Cos I can't be arsed to weaste tax money on collecting a quarter full bin.

Bottles go to the bottle bank

The nearest one is just 'mixed glass' but if I drive 4 miles I can have
a choic of white and colored brown or green...

There is nowhere for the blue bombay gin bottles to go so I just throw
those in the garden of a local Green :-)

Well I would if there were any

Its all complet bollox as everybidy knwos, except millenial snowflajes
- its just virtyue signalling 'eco ' legislation.

I reality the most effective way to recycle is to picvk off amnything
oif enugh value to justifdyu te picking or odf enough posoi9on to
justify it, and then incinerate the lot at very high temperaites in a
flues scrubbed power staion, hopefully sited somwehere where the hot
water can be used to do somethjingg more useful than make fish cosy.

Then use the ash as fertiliser, or bury it.

look exactly the same afterwards."

Billy Connolly