Posted to sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android,alt.home.repair
Erholt Rhein Erholt Rhein is offline

Default What do you use as a USB cable strain relief?

83LowRider wrote in news
Lots of replies, so this may have been suggested already

http://i.imgur.com/aJUXf.jpg

Taken from any 'click' pen.

That's the best idea ever!
http://i.imgur.com/aJUXf.jpg\

The pen spring was suggested but until I saw your photo I didn't think the
pen spring would work. You showed that a pen spring _is_ big enough to roll
onto the Apple cable becoming what I had called a strain relief but I don't
know what it's called because others said it's not a strain relief.

That picture is PERFECT for what I want to do, and is the best and cheapest
answer yet and it relieves the strain gradually which is another perfect
thing!

Now I have to root through the trash to find all those Bic click pens I've
thrown away over the years! LOL