Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob J Jones Bob J Jones is offline

Default car stumbles going around corners but no MIL

In , Clare Snyder
wrote:

Something crawled out from under a bridge. NO car with a CEL has
carbs.

I'm betting on a bad CV joint IF this guy really DOES have the
problem described.

It's a 530i BMW, so I don't think it has CV joints, and certainly no carb,
but it does have the original fuel filter and fuel pump, and the
transmission is a manual.

By stumbling, it seems like the fuel is starved, but only momentarily,
where I don't think fuel starvation is even possible given that it's fuel
injected so there should be no air in the lines.