Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default TOT household rubbish

On 29/03/2018 11:05, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 28 March 2018 23:50:20 UTC+1, alan_m wrote:

And soon you have to store your plastic bottles somewhere and remember
to take them back to Asda so they can waste time and money and diesel
storing and transporting them seperately.

Its possibly worse than that. A couple of reports in the media today
from spokesmen for the recycling industry have indicated that by
removing the higher value recycled materials from roadside collections
will/may make these roadside collections more expensive and/or less
viable. Roadside collectable waste for recycling will be related to low
value waste and the material that currently cannot be recycled for reuse
and is of no value to the recycling plants.

I'm sure that Asda will not want to refund deposits for bottles/cans
purchased elsewhere.

This will be a big problem will we have to present our reciepts to prove we brought the item in that store in order to get the deposit back ?

A friend brought a bottle of lemonade over so he could have a shandy (I had beer) 18p in Tesco for 2 litre bottle, now will I have to take this item back to my local tesco, will my local shop give me back the deposit, doubt it, or will I have to take it back to where it was brought in Maidstone ?

Perhaps not too much of a problem for large chains
of supermarkets but maybe for franchised food stores with large
supermarkets in the neighbourhood.

The more interresting thing to do would be with fast food outlet especailly the chains, you buy your box of chicken for £1.99 but get charged £5 for the box, so £7.99 you can then take your empty box back to the outlet chain and get £5 off your next meal.

The New Zealand govt banned plastic boxes for takeaways years ago.
They all have to be cardboard-based, so they biodegrade.