Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Carpenter ant treatments for walls?

On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 22:51:20 -0700, mike wrote:

On 3/28/2018 10:44 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 21:08:09 -0700, mike wrote:

Saw my first carpenter ant today. There's been a lot of
tree maintenance in my vicinity lately. I suspect the
ants are restless.

Years ago, I had carpenter ants and the exterminator
put liquid insecticide in the walls. Don't remember what it
was, but likely banned these days.

I've been using bifenthrin as an outdoor perimeter spray.
Should I inject something inside the walls. I don't want to
use something repellant if what I need is bait.
And I certainly don't want to poison myself.

What's current DIY practice for carpenter ants in homes?
At this point, I'm thinking more prevention than cure.

If you have mulch around the house, particularly against the house,
start by treating that.

Perimeter is defoliated. The question was about walls.

I understand that but every time I have had those *******s I found the
"mother ship" was outside near the house and they were just setting up
satellite nests in the house. When I killed the nest outside they were
gone.