PJx

Default Crown molding on a cathedral ceiling

How about a picture?
PJ

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 21:47:12 -0500, "3GCPO" wrote:

"pb" wrote in message
.. .
Looks like I'm going to be using 5" crown molding on a cathedral
bedroom ceiling. It's paint-grade, but because the molding
profile is so large I will not be able to fake the joints.

The problems a

o Where the level ceiling line meets the rake, the plumb cut
on the rake molding will not match the profile on the level;
it will be wider. I was thinking of some sort of stop block
in the corner, but this doesn't seem ideal, or easy.

o The ceiling on the level runs moves up and away from the top
of the molding, creating a gap. I could place a filler strip
in
it, but that wouldn't match the rake profile. This also mitigates
for the use of stop blocks in the corners.

Any creative ideas would be appreciated.

p.

use a bevel square to determine the angle then divide it in half.
cut each molding with that angle.
perfect fit every time (maybe a little caulk).