Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fuse calculation

On Wed, 28 Mar 2018 18:11:02 +0100, Sam wrote:

On 28/03/2018 17:54, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 28 March 2018 17:46:46 UTC+1, Sam wrote:

No, emf is volts not current.

you're funny. And you seldom learn.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromotive_force

Electromotive force, abbreviated emf (denoted E {\displaystyle
{\mathcal {E}}} {\mathcal {E}} and measured in volts),[1] is the
electrical intensity or "pressure" developed by a source of
electrical energy such as a battery or generator.[2] A device that
converts other forms of energy into electrical energy (a
"transducer") provides an emf at its output

Explain what a current is, what controls the amount and how it is
produced.

EMF is measured on volts as it says, what controls the amount is the
restistance or impedence or reactance. Without a PD or EMF you don't
get current.

You haven't defined what a current is - ie it a flow of electrons.

I always understood that the magnitude of the EMF/PD also controls the
electron flow and hence the current.

Basic formula:

I=E/R

I think that is roughly what he is trying to say. Luckily he isn't a
lecturer.