Posted to alt.home.repair
Dove Tail Dove Tail is offline

Default SCOTUS JUSTICE (retired) John Paul Stevens: Repeal the Second Amendment

On 3/27/2018 at 9:46:37 PM, wrote:

Dove has been very clear that he wants to ban all guns. He even has a
thread saying it.

My advocacy is for the elimination of civilian owned semi-automatic and
other weapons with detachable magazines.

Yesterday, after extensive consideration, I have modified my position
and would also eliminate the vast majority of civilian owned sidearms.
There *might* be a case for civilian sidearms for those who qualify for
a concealed carry permit, security professionals, etc.

My desire to modify the constitution and eliminate the second amendment
has nothing to do with "banning all guns". It has more to do with
eliminating the silliness and difficulty associated with national gun
control.

No, I do not consider the second amendment to be sacred.

--
"In matters of conscience, the law of the majority has no place."

"Truth Sounds Like Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth"