Dan O.

Default Problem with Kenmore gas oven

Christopher R. Palmer wrote

I have a relatively new Kenmore gas range
which is having some intermittent problems
with the oven. Periodically, the oven will not
ignite. When it is having problems neither
the broiler nor the bottom burner will ignite.
The display thinks that it is preheating the
oven, but nothing happens...

The model number is

665,75842001

If your oven uses a hot surface (glow coil) ignition
system, is the ignitor glowing when the oven
should be on?

The ignitors seems to be a spark ignitors.

Any suggestions for tracking this down would be
greatly appreciated. Including things that I can do
to confirm/rule-out possible causes.

Your model was built by Whirlpool and looks to be one of their new
fangled "Direct Spark Ignition" systems which I have't had any
experience with. There may be a 'tech sheet' located in the console
panel which may help with diagnosis. I will warn you that there are
lots of electronics in that range, even in the gas control circuit.

Sorry I couldn't be of help.

Dan O.
-
Appliance411.com