Posted to uk.d-i-y
AlanC AlanC is offline

Default SCANTRONIC 9448+ intruder alarm

On Wednesday, 28 March 2018 09:11:44 UTC+1, wrote:

That's interesting.
We "inherited" some panic buttons when we bought this house. I haven't
tested them but had wondered why they had key holes but haven't got
around to finding out - or finding a key!

Our panic button consists of a big red button that, when pressed, cannot be returned to its off position without the key. The key is pretty basic. It just rotates in its hole and pushes the button back up.

If we try and disarm the alarm while the button is still down, it just re-triggers, so a good idea to have the key handy if you accidentally press it (or someone presses it out of curiosity!)

Agree with the previous comment about disabling the zone. You can also set the zone to unused while you fix/replace the panic button.