Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.video.digital-tv
Amethyst Amethyst is offline

Default Can a Roku streaming stick be used to get free TV stations?

On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 11:02:56 -0500, whosbest54
said:

You could try a stick with the PS/3 if it has a HDMI input for external
sources. As another poster mentioned, you won't get local free OTA stations
with it.

It seems that I need HDMI "IN" where the monitor to the desktop computer is
the only device with HDMI "IN".
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=4561584hdmi_1.jpg

The Sony Playstation 3 only has an unused HDMI "OUT".
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=6417873ps3.jpg

And the DVD player also has an unused HDMI "OUT".
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=3232054dvd_player.jpg

The desktop is connected to the router by WiFi and the playstation is
connected to the router by Ethernet.

The playstation then goes directly to the back of the TV, as does the DVD
player.

Given the monitor has multiple different connections, I can free up the
HDMI "IN" of the monitor by using a different cable out of the back of the
desktop tower.

That would free up the only HDMI "IN" that I have.
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=1354901hdmi_2.jpg

So the only question remaining is whether the Roku streaming stick would
work connected to that HDMI "IN" of the desktop computer monitor.