Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default SCANTRONIC 9448+ intruder alarm

Richardmerri wrote:
Hello all... My 9448+ has gone 'rogue' for when we try to set it to go
out the normal beep, beep sounds for about 30 seconds and then the
internal sounder goes off and just keeps going but the external sounder
does not sound at all. The zone 6 PA (Panic Alarm) led also lights and
stays lit and all we can do is enter our access code to shut the thing
down. I have the full engineers manual but I can't find anything that
might help within it! The USER GUIDE tells me to 're-set the panic
button' but nowhere can I discover how to do that! Maybe this is 'finger
trouble'? Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Richard.

When our house had a €śpanic button€ť it had a key to reset the button,
presumably to stop an intruder easily resetting it.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls