Posted to alt.home.repair

Default WE MUST BAN *ALL* GUNS in America

On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 17:39:16 -0000 (UTC), "Dove Tail"
wrote:

On 3/27/2018 at 9:31:25 AM, wrote:

What is logical about including BB guns, Air soft guns and assault
rifles in the same scare tactic statistic?

Once again Fretwell, I call bull**** on your assertion, from the GVA
methodology statement:

"AirSoft/BB Guns

We collect incidents where Airsoft or BB guns are used AS weapons, not
where they are used in general vandalism or delinquency. Those
collected ARE "NOT" included in our Incident Totals on the Daily
Summary Ledger"

They are still in that bogus "scare" number at the top of their page
and when you actually drill down on that ledger (The CSV file) none of
their scary numbers hold water.
Have you ever actually seen an air soft gun? They are exactly what the
name implies, it shoots a soft 6mm plastic ball that wouldn't even
injure a bird.

Here is their definition of "Gun Violence", also from the methodology
page:

"Gun Violence describes the results of all incidents of death or injury
or threat with firearms without pejorative judgement within the
definition. Violence is defined without intent or consequence as a
consideration. To that end a shooting of a victim by a subject/suspect
is considered gun violence as is a defensive use or an officer involved
shooting. The act itself, no matter the reason is violent in nature."

So Fretwell, once again, in your haste to discredit a source of
information, you have only succeeded in discrediting yourself.

Not really, you simply refuse to accept any criticism of the dogma you
have ascribed to. I will trust the FBI's numbers, not someone packing
the statistics with bull****.