Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Great Replacement Top For Used Caulk Tube!

On 3/27/18 1:57 PM, Leon wrote:
On 3/27/2018 1:30 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 3/27/18 1:15 PM, Leon wrote:
On 3/27/2018 12:59 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
Finally someone came up with a great solution re-using your
half-used caulk tubes. This is a really cool product and is cheap
enough to make reusing caulk worth it. https://www.tubeanew.com

I'm going to order a 5-pack of these to keep in the work van for
several reasons. 1.Â* I'm not a fan of filling landfills with
perfectly good caulk, adhesives, roofing tar, and other stuff. 2.
Even though I pass the cost on to the client, I would rather be
able to use one tube of caulk for several jobs, than buy a new one
for each job. 3.Â* Most importantly: whether in the shop or on the
job site, I hate when I have to run to the store to get some
tube-based product that I know I have a used tube of on the shelf
or under the seat of my van, but I can't use because the tip is all
dried up and/or it's been cut too big. 4.Â* I've used every single
"caulk saver" product out there and while some of them work ok,
none of them completely solve the problem and all of them cost as
much or more than this Tube-A-New.

I'm not that concerned about wasting a $3 tube of painters' caulk
(even though I still don't want to have it in a landfill) but some
of the specialty adhesives and most of the pure silicone products
are up near and over 10 bucks a tube, now.

A buck and a half to be able to use silicone caulk more than once
is a no-brainer for me. Also, the design makes it pretty easy to
push the caulk out the Tube-A-New backwards and reuse it again on
another tube.

Can't wait to get these.Â* I'll report back with a review as soon as
I use one.

Looks great but might be more expensive if you are only saving less
than half of a tube.Â* But for the expensive stuff this should be
good.

It would definitely save money for the expensive stuff, but I see it
more as a butt-saver.

There are so many times when I'm on a job and the need arises for some
calking that was previously unplanned for.Â* Crap!Â* Now I have to run to
the hardware store for caulk, no wait!Â* I have half a tube under my
seat, yea!Â* Nope, crap again!Â*Â* It's all dried up in the nozzle or the
nozzle is cut back to 1/2" from the end.Â* Wait, I have Tube-A-New!!Â*Â* :-)

Worth every penny for that considering the time it saves.

There is that and excuse me for forgetting the "get you out of a jam"
situation.Â* LOL

Now where is that utility knife???

Utility knives and in the same category as tape measures in my book.
There needs to one within reach at any and every location I keep or use
tools.
Every bench, vehicle, tool box, everywhere. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--