Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default flexi hose

On 27/03/2018 13:08, GB wrote:
On 27/03/2018 11:41, John Rumm wrote:
On 27/03/2018 09:46, stuart noble wrote:
Used flexi connectors for kitchen taps about 5 years ago. Yesterday
hot side split and flooded kitchen. Seems they're no better than a
shower hose then?Mind boggles as to what might have happened if we
had been away. Obviously now I won't go anywhere without turning off
the stopcock.
Obvious question. Are there higher rated versions able to withstand
hot water? Should they be used at all?

Its important to not damage them on installation - so not kinking or
twisting the flexi bit too much.

Looking at the JG Speedfit spec, max temp is 65C. I'm not quite sure
what temp our hot water is, but it must be close to 65C. Anyway, I'm not
surprised that it was the OP's hot water side that split rather than cold.

You could try these:

https://www.plumbcenter.co.uk/produc...lexible-hoses/

They are designed for central heating systems, so ought to survive hot
water.

At £63 a hose!