Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Auto air vents (plumbing)

Tim Lamb Wrote in message:
In message , Thomas Prufer
writes
On Mon, 26 Mar 2018 20:09:26 +0100, Tim Lamb
wrote:

As heading. I now have 2 vents out of 6 which dribble water when
unscrewed.

Any thoughts?

That means four aren't working as designed -- AIUI they are crap and will all
leak eventually.

I plan to screw them all shut once the air is fully out of the system.

I found a couple of U tube videos giving a clear explanation of the
purpose and ideosyncracies.

The ones on the manifolds are probably safe to remove as all the pipes
are at a lower level and there are isolating ball valves.

The plumbers have fitted two further vents on vertical legs which can
probably be removed once the system is depressurised.

What if they don't just allow "air " out?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/