Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boiler recommendations please?

On Monday, 26 March 2018 14:55:58 UTC+1, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Harry Bloomfield was thinking very hard :
Split temp, yup see my other post. If Gremlin95 is about, he knows more
about the new range than I do.

Yes, that's it, 'split temperature' was the expression I was seeking. Thanks
!

Having enquired with both Worcester and Vaillant, neither offers a
regular / conventional boiler which includes an ability to set two
separate output temperatures for heating and hot water.

My Vaillant does that.

A gap in the
market me thinks, for an enterprising boiler manufacturer.

A single boiler setting stat is fine, where a consumer is happy with a
lower temperature of boiler output for both heating and HW, but less
useful for someone like me who likes their HW hot - where there is a
possibility for some saving on keeping radiator temperatures lower, so
the boiler remains in the more efficient condensing temperature range.

I suppose I could do an add-on stat, mounted on the flow pipe to the
radiators, to shut the boiler down at say 60C leaving the boilers own
stat set to maximum ? Would that not wreck the boiler's efficiency?

quite the opposite, it forces it to condense more of the time.

My current scheme is to manually tweak the room stat, gradually raising
the room temperature to the desired temperature, over a couple of
hours. Otherwise the heating system over reacts if the stat is set to
desired in one single movement of the dial.

NT