Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Harman Kardon Citation 17 Pre-Amp One Channel Intermittent

On Saturday, March 24, 2018 at 5:18:16 PM UTC-4, John-Del wrote:

Is the relay really $80 or were you exaggerating? If it is, replace it with *anything* else that will fit. If you don't have something, I just might.

$79.95, no kidding, but including shipping.

a) There is an "anything else" in there now.
b) I get a tested and warranted OEM part from the OEM maker. The warranty includes labor should it be necessary - 10 year.
c) Made with "Matched Reeds" per the OEM spec.
d) And, perhaps the OEM maker will stay in business just a bit longer.

Sure, I can get something that will work from Mouser for less than $12, with shipping. But the reeds will not be matched, and, likely it will be from China, and it will definitely not be original. I dunno, this is not a museum-piece by any stretch, but I can afford it, so why not?

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA