Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default TOT household rubbish

On 24/03/18 18:42, S Viemeister wrote:
On 3/24/2018 12:39 PM, John Rumm wrote:

There also seems to be quite a variation in what classifications of
stuff each bin will take. Our recyclables bin is quite flexible -
glass, plastic, card, paper, tins etc. It now takes the bulk of the
stuff that gets put out. (when the scheme first started they could not
handle things like window envelopes, but now apparently those are ok
as well).

We have just two bins - one for landfill, the other for paper, tins, and
plastic. Alternate week pickup.

Most other stuff has to be taken to the local recycling place.
The council will pick up a maximum of three large items, booked and paid
in advance - freezers, furniture, etc. Last time I used that service it
cost about GBP17.

No garden waste bins, but it's a rural area and most people have compost
bins/piles.

Bins preferred. Piles are a pain in the arse.