Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default solar pv to storage heater

Kenneth Graham Rolfe
m wrote:

replying to Rod Speed, Kenneth Graham Rolfe wrote:
Hi, I have 6.5kw of solar panels and yes, in winter you don't get enough power
but I also have a solar diverter which switches any spare power to where you
want it. Most people use this for hot water but I have 3 storage heaters which
I only ever use with free electric. This means I can turn my gas heating down
sooner in spring and on later in autumn. While they will never be able to
replace my gas heating, they certainly save on bills. Ps, the storage heaters
have separate idolaters.

I am glad your heaters are treated with the reverence they deserve.

--

Roger Hayter