Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default One nuisance caller got through - BT8500

Scott Wrote in message:
On Sat, 24 Mar 2018 09:06:02 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

I find my true call is very effective since people have to say their name
and when I hear their name and have no idea who it is I hit the dump button.

The biggest problem with these things based on black listed numbers is that
when no number is there they have to get screened every single time and many
people in say nhs, or council simply hang up.
Brian

My concern with these systems is that I might lose a legitimate call.
The unknown name might be a courier delivering a package I have been
waiting for, it might be a nurse in the hospital phoning on behalf of
one of my relatives, someone's partner, someone who has found my
property in the street etc. I'm not saying I accept all the calls but
the cautious side of me likes to make the judgement myself.

Just set it to shunt all unknown callers to the answerphone then.
That way legitimate callers can always leave a message.

Illegitimate ones never seem to bother leaving messages. We
probably get 4 to 5 illegitimate ones every day. Truecall has
been a godsend.

Tim