Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TOT household rubbish

Brian Gaff wrote:

This is a problem everywhere. There seems to be no standard I have four
wheelie bins

It makes you wonder who did the initial studies on what proportion of
rubbish could be recycled, and what bins to provide?

When recycling was introduced here, we got one wheelie bin for rubbish,
a crate for paper another for tins and plastic bottles, and a mini-bin
for glass designed to hang off the side of the main wheelie bin - along
with a big list of what was banned from recycling.

The total size of the recycling bins/crates was about half the volume of
a 120l wheelie bin, yet from my experience, and it seems many people in
this thread, actual recycling volume is 3x to 4x their rubbish volume.