Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default perforated drain pipe as a soakaway?

I've never been that convinced that soak aways in some soils ever work. Clay
can hold a certain amount of water, after that it is pointless it just
puddles and eventually floods.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
wrote in message
On Friday, 23 March 2018 18:14:05 UTC, C. J. wrote:
replying to js.b1, C. J. wrote:
Hi, I have a solid pipe to a beer crate soakaway in clay soil which I
use for
my grey water. It has always been a bit of a bog. After 4 years it has
clogged up through the pipe and I'm thinking that using perforated pipe
from
beginning to end, without a soakaway crate might work better as, if I
Bury it
shallow, it will dispense the grey water lengthy and gradually into a
less
clayed soil. the earth gets more clayed the further down you go. I'm
just
wondering if anyone found out whether this 'one side' perforated pipe
exists
because most I can see has all round perforations :-/!!??

I'm not seeing how it would help. Fine mesh always clogs. I don't recall
the old clay pipe sections having that problem, no mesh & whatever enters
can get washed out.

NT