Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default TOT household rubbish

This is a problem everywhere. There seems to be no standard, I have four
wheelie bins but there is only me here. Ideally, I'd like mini wheelies, but
it seems the vehicles can only cope with one design so the effect is that
there are several trucks for the different sorted stuff, and on alternate
weeks, leaving a slalom trail of bins on the footway every Tuesday. I don't
go out on Tuesdays, for obvious reasons.
Bags outside of bins are banned as foxes and other creatures open them and
spread the contents around the street.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"alan_m" wrote in message

How much rubbish for collection does the average household generate?

It's rubbish collection day today and I note that my household and my 4
nearest houses on my side of the street put out a total of 6 general
rubbish sacks and 7 recycling sacks.

The 5 houses opposite put out 24 general rubbish sacks and 10 recycling
sacks (one household seems never to split rubbish for recycling).

The number of people on each side of this portion of the street is
nominally the same and the ratio of rubbish between the two sides of the
street is about the same every week and it's not just one household making
up the large difference in waste.