Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TOT household rubbish

On Fri, 23 Mar 2018 18:13:54 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

On Fri, 23 Mar 2018 14:48:57 +0000, dennis@home wrote:

On 23/03/2018 10:29, alan_m wrote:

How much rubbish for collection does the average household generate?

It's rubbish collection day today and I note that my household and my
4 nearest houses on my side of the street put out a total of 6 general
rubbish sacks and 7 recycling sacks.

The 5 houses opposite put out 24 general rubbish sacks and 10
recycling sacks (one household seems never to split rubbish for
recycling).

The number of people on each side of this portion of the street is
nominally the same and the ratio of rubbish between the two sides of
the street is about the same every week and it's not just one
household making up the large difference in waste.

I frequently fill the 240l recycling bin every week.

The smaller landfill bin is about 25% full after a week.

The food waste bin is full most weeks. It really is waste like
peelings,
etc.

Similar here. Household of 5, three of which are in early 20s and a bit
wasteful - I have to nag them about recycling.

360l landfill bin, on average nearly full avery 2 weeks, so about 170l a
week.

150l cardboard/paper bin, about 50l a week I guess.

150l tin/plastic/etc bin, about 70l a week.

Small food waste bin, probably 10l a week.

Just looked; the 150l ones aren't; they are 240l.

So 100l cardboard/week, 110l tin/plastic/etc a week.