Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley Rob Morley is offline

Default TOT household rubbish

On Fri, 23 Mar 2018 10:29:51 +0000
alan_m wrote:

How much rubbish for collection does the average household generate?

We (2) have three 240 litre wheelie bins, for landfill, mixed recycling,
and garden waste. They're collected every two weeks. If I forget to
put a bin out we can normally last until the next collection, so that
would be one bin-full per month, although I do occasionally need to
jump on top to pack everything in. It's easy to reduce the recycling
volume just by cutting up plastic bottles, and putting all the
flattened cardboard neatly together, but we've not had to do that
since we got a bin (rather than a crate) for recycling.