Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default TOT household rubbish

On 23/03/2018 10:45, Andy Burns wrote:
Tim Streater wrote:

The recycling bin goes out every two weeks

At the moment we get weekly collections of both wheelie bins (I choose
to put them out less frequently) but I gather the collections are due to
alternate between recycling and rubbish later this year ... might bother
larger households.

The alternate week scheme operates here (with a green garden/food waste
bin collected every week). It seems to work for the vast majority. ISTR
the council can supply a larger general waste bin if required[1], but I
see very few of them about.

[1] Although I don't know what hoops need to be jumped through for those
- so it might just be they make the process so onerous that few can be
bothered!

--
Cheers,

John.