Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default 220V Air Conditioner - Proper Wire Gauge

On Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 8:14:06 PM UTC-4, Pedro wrote:
replying to Edwin Pawlowski, Pedro wrote:
Edwin your absolutely right*/_ "be on the safe side"_/*, like any requirements
from point to point must be of the same standard and should not be any of
these maybe's, it's cut and dry, people who made comments that may lead people
to believe that it okay to go below the standards should not even make any
comments at all, we are creatures of habits both good and bad, and if it's
going to save people a little buck then they will buy the cheap stuff, that's
going to lead to a disaster.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ge-303881-.htm

The valid point I saw some people making was if this was a hardwired AC, then you could use a 30A breaker with 12g wire and it would be code compliant with the given plate specs. But since it's an outlet, then it needs to be 10g to use a 30A breaker.