Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mathew Newton[_2_] Mathew Newton[_2_] is offline

Default Part P and house extensions

I am currently planning an extension to the house and whilst I will be getting a builder in to construct the shell I will be undertaking various other jobs myself.

One of the DIY jobs will be the electrical work which I understand would, if undertaken in the existing house, be non-notifiable under Part P by virtue of it only involving extending existing circuits and there being no new circuits, special locations etc.

However, given that the extension construction is itself subject to formal sign off from Building Control will this mean that the electrical work within it also be subject to this formality? If so, what options do I have (other than getting an electrician who can self-certify in) to achieve this?

Mathew