Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pacemaker

"John B." wrote in message

Sometime ago someone on this site was fitted with a device similar
a pacemaker although I think it might have had a different function
then the normal pacemaker I believe it was the same sort of device -
main unit under the skin at the upper chest and wire(s) running to
the
heart.

I remember that whoever it was did a lot of testing with shop tools
see whether it bothered their device and posted quite a bit of
information here.

As I have just been fitted with a pacemaker I am very interested in
how various power tools might effect it. Say, 4 inch hand grinder,
electric drills, electric belt sanders, welding machines, both stick
and TIG, and any of the other usual shop tools.

I have talked to the pacemaker people, i.e., Boston Scientific, and
while they do publish a list of tools and recommended use, when
talking to them they seem a bit vague and I thought it useful to
talk
to someone that had actually been there and done that.

Any information will be most gratefully received.

--
Cheers,

John B.

I had a bit of experience in that field but quickly realized I didn't
want my name associated with any published test results. Sorry, I
don't volunteer as shark bait.
-nm7351