Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Flushing heating system and rads

On 22/03/2018 08:19, PeteFJ wrote:

I had my Worcester combi boiler serviced last week, and the engineer
suggested that the system needed flushing out as the water in the system
was discoloured.

What type of boiler _service_ will have revealed the colour of the water
flowing in the system? Maybe a bleed of radiators may have revealed
discoloured water but if there was a lot of air in the radiators the
discolouration could just have been a bit of rust at the top of the
radiators being flushed out.

I spoke to a local plumber who told me that it if was working, then
leave it alone. He added that his policy was to leave well alone.
I might add that the boiler is working well.

My gut feeling is leave alone. If you change the boiler perhaps
consider a flush and/or a magnet filter.