Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Fuse calculation

Graham. Wrote in message:
On 20/03/2018 20:01, Tim+ wrote:
Graham. wrote:
On Monday, 19 March 2018 17:02:42 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:

Which is the best fuse to use (3A, 5A or 13A) with a 1.15kW electric
fire at a potential difference of 240v

If you're talking a plug fuse, the load is irrelevant. As it is to protect
the flex etc. In other words, a table light with a 20 watt bulb would be
fine with a 13 amp fuse if the cable was rated at 13 amps.

But that wasn't the question was it.
This was a mid-term test, so you would got this question wrong.

Often with examination question, the right answer is the one the
examiner is expecting. I have had that dilema many times.

I hand my grandson a sheet of A4 paper and ask him what shape it is,
he replies it's a rectangle. Wrong.

Gawaaan, I’ll bite. What do you call it?

Tim

Presumably, as it does have thickness, it could be termed a cuboid.

Precisely that.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Except that one is a common term that everyone understands in the
frame of reference mentioned, whist the other is "clever
dickery".

I suppose you would call a triangular piece of paper a prism and
a circular piece a cylinder? ;-)

Tim