Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred[_8_] fred[_8_] is offline

Default Stick on real wood veneer.

On Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 2:34:16 AM UTC, wrote:
On Wednesday, 21 March 2018 15:48:01 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Sorry to ask for some DIY advice, but has anyone any experience of using
either stick on or iron on veneer on a fairly large panel? Roughly 750 x
450 mm?

I've found a few places online that supply a paper backed ready glued real
teak veneer (a bit like sticky backed plastic) which sounds like it would
be easier to work with than traditional glueing methods (for me).

I can't see how it could be easier than wet glue. No chance of bubbles when the glue is wet/thin & slides well. Different story with a tacky adhesive.

NT

Wet glue would require clamping