Christopher R. Palmer

Default Problem with Kenmore gas oven

I have a relatively new Kenmore gas range which is having some intermittent
problems with the oven. Periodically, the oven will not ignite. When it
is having problems neither the broiler nor the bottom burner will ignite.
The display thinks that it is preheating the oven, but nothing happens...

This problem can develop suddenly (last night I used the oven for dinner
and then 30 minutes later it no longer worked).

When the problem occurs, it always lasts a long time. The oven won't
suddenly start working, but seems to work the next day. It did not work
an hour later last night but it's working fine this morning.

This is happening about once a week for the past couple of weeks.

Sounds like it should be something pretty simple to diagnose. Any
suggestions on how to do so?

Thanks in advance,
Chris.

--
Pittsburgh, PA - [240.8, 120.9] Apparent Rennerian