Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Fuse calculation

Unless there is a surge on start up which can happen on heaters.
I'm very surprised we do not get 7.5 amp fuses for this sort of thing. 13
amp ones go with a heck of a bang. You can get very slow blow fuses of
course with a lot of that heat conducting stuff in them, but I'd guess a
lot of fuses one sees in pound shops are dodgy in the extreme.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Graham." wrote in message

Which is the best fuse to use (3A, 5A or 13A) with a 1.15kW electric fire
at a potential difference of 240v

1150/240=4.79 so theoretically a 5A fuse shoud do.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%