Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fuse calculation

On 19/03/2018 21:34, Mike Humphrey wrote:
John Bryan wrote:
All our village hall extension cables now have thermal overload
protection to save them from the church's tea ladies.

Hmm, a strict reading of the rules would suggest that your electrical
installation is defective - not fit for purpose as you should have
sockets available where the kettles need to go, rather than using

There is power where the kettles should go, but the tea ladies sometimes
do strange things to avoid walking about 3m to the kitchen bench. The
extension was coiled up and being used essentially as a 2 way adaptor so
they could plug in multiple kettles at once on a nearby table instead.

extension leads. Of course, how to provide sockets in the middle of the
floor for kettles which don't then become a trip hazard when the same
area is used as a dance floor is an interesting challenge...

I have concluded that you have to assume that people will do crazy
things and defend against them. Rules only go so far and get ignored.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown