Zymurgy

Default Problem with lining paper joins

"Andrew Barnes" wrote
About 6 months ago I lined the walls of our spare bedroom with lining paper
and painted with matt emulsion. After a few weeks I noticed the joins
between the paper on one of the interior walls (partition type) were opening
up. I duly filled them and repainted. However, they keep reappearing. Every
4 weeks or so I have to fill and paint. The gaps are only about 1/2 mm, but
are very noticeable. Any ideas what is going on and how to stop the gaps
opening up?

Don't use lining paper ?

My walls were pretty rough with some dodgy 50's paint on them, but
after a session of painting & filling X 2 and a final touch up, no
lining paper needed.

Cheers,

Paul.